I'm excited to introduce today’s featured guest, Katherine Tallmadge. Katherine is a licensed and registered dietician. She founded Personalized Nutrition in 1984, which designs nutrition, weight loss and wellness programs for individuals, corporations, and restaurants.
She’s also the author of Diet Simple and an award-winning journalist, regularly contributing to The Washington Post, US News and World Report, Politico, and others. You may have also seen her on TV as she’s been featured on CNN, many of the major network news programs, PBS, and The Daily Show.
Given Katherine’s unique professional qualifications — she has a B.S in Dietetics and Nutrition, an M.A. degree in Behavioral Sciences, and a second M.A. degree in Journalism and Public Affairs — it’s not surprising that The Washington Post and Harper’s Bazaar have named her the "Best Nutritionist".
Her appearance on the show today couldn’t be more timely. The holidays are here and in addition to friends, family, and fun, it can also mean more stress and more food. Katherine is going to share some tips to help us maintain our sanity and ensure that we still fit into our jeans at the end of the year.
Listen to the Show:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Three tips to stay healthy during the holidays, while at home or traveling.
- What it means to use the "25% blowout solution”
- How to create routines and maintain good habits during the holidays through prioritizing.
- Why you should choose peppermint bark over egg nog.
- Nine ways to make healthy choices at holiday parties.
- Strategies for making and sticking to New Year’s resolutions.
- Why achieving happiness is dependent upon acting on your long-term goals.