Today’s featured guest is Rick Jackson from Riverside Health System. Rick is the Executive Director of the Riverside Center for Excellence in Aging and Lifelong Health, which helps older adults and their families make informed decisions about their health and wellbeing. Their services range from providing geriatric assessments, to teaching individuals with chronic conditions how to manage their symptoms, to providing a haven of resources and education for caregivers. They make a complex system of services more easily accessible through education, referrals and individualized, person-centered services, tailored to the unique needs of aging adults and their families.
Rick is also the Executive Director of ChooseHome, which is Riverside’s Continuing Care at Home program, which allows qualified individuals 60 and older to live in their homes, while providing them with the resources of a health system so that they can stay healthy as they age. In addition to these programs, Riverside Health System, which is based in Virginia, operates a medical center and three Continuing Care Retirement Communities.
On today’s show, Rick shares how Riverside is personalizing care for older adults and the role that technology, and specifically LivWell Health, have played in helping more adults age healthily and safely in the setting of their choice.
Listen to the Show:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- An overview of Riverside Health System and the ChooseHome Program.
- Riverside’s community-focused approach to keeping older adults happy, healthy and safe and supporting caregivers as well.
- How technology facilitates better care and helps enable older adults to live in the setting of their choice.
- How working with LivWell Health has enabled Riverside to monitor and track resources and caseloads and provide preventive rather than reactive care.
- Why it's critical to be open to innovation to solve the present and future challenges associated with aging.
Featured On The Show:
BOOST Bonus: Case Study: How Riverside Health System Provides Preventive Care to Keep Older Adults Healthy in Their Homes