Today's guest on The BOOST Podcast is Mike Szabo, an award-winning landscape architect and founder of SZABO Landscape Architecture.
In 2014, Mike and his wife made the move from bustling San Diego, California to small-town Bend, Oregon with the intention of eventually starting a business. What ended up happening was a giant leap into the unknown, in a brand new town. Mike shares how getting out and networking, even when the last thing he wanted to do was get dressed up and talk to people, led to the defining moment of the start of his business.
This is a really important episode for those of you just starting out in the entrepreneurial world. Mike's story of persistence and hard work will inspire you to keep pushing, keep working until you make the right connections.
Grab your earbuds and get ready to get inspired!
Listen To The Full Episode:
What You'll Learn From This Episode:
- How Mike grew his business in a small town without knowing anyone.
- Why he decided to go all-in rather than taking a few years to acclimate to his new surroundings first.
- The amazing story of serendipity and persistence that became the defining moment of the start of Mike's business.
- How Mike balances his work and personal life.
- Mike's advice on the best ways to work off the stress that comes from running your own business.
Featured On The Show:
BOOST Bonus: Your Backup Plan is Your Plan