Today’s featured guest is Jim Klopman. Jim is a lifelong innovator who has always been one of those people who thinks differently. He was born with brain damage, ADHD, and dyslexia and used athletics to overcome these challenges. After years of being an athlete and unsure of his purpose in life, Jim found his purpose and developed his own business called The SlackBow Balance Training System.
After five years of development, Jim believes that with the right neural whole-body training to optimize the human balance system, everyone can improve physically and mentally, and can even live longer and feel younger. Prior to starting SlackBow, Jim worked as a VP of Marketing at Intera Corporation and at Russell Athletic as a Management Turnaround Specialist and Product Developer. Today Jim is here to share more about balance training and what the SlackBow System is all about.
Listen to the Show:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The three things everyone should know about balance and the SlackBow System.
- The Klopman Balance Index and how it is designed to categorize balance.
- Why we live in a world that is designed to degrade our balance system.
- Everyday tips and strategies for improving your balance.
- The complexity of the balance system, and how it involves every aspect of your body.
- Recovering from balance issues and the role it plays on our mental health and quality of life.
- The importance of perseverance and having an absolute belief in what you do.
- Why timing is everything when it comes to adopting new innovations in the market.
- As an innovator, why taking action on your ideas is absolutely crucial.
Featured On The Show:
- Connect with Jim: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook
- Jim’s book, Balance is Power
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
BOOST Bonus: 8 Ways to Improve Your Balance