Today on the show I am pleased to introduced Michael Sacca. Michael was President of Crew, which has sourced freelancers for over $30 million in design and development projects. Crew was just acquired by Dribbble, which is a community of creative designers who share small screenshots that show their work, process, and current projects. Michael led the negotiations for the acquisition of Crew and became the Head of Sales and Marketing at Dribbble. He's also the host of Rocketship.fm, a business podcast that's focused on inspiring entrepreneurs.
Michael started his career by moving to LA and pursuing music. After three years of waiting tables and little success, he decided to teach himself to code and he used his coding skills to launch Tiny Factory, which is a web development agency that won clients like GE and Kobe Bryant. While running Tiny Factory, he started the Rocketship Podcast and built many other apps and products, some of which of have been acquired.
Listen to the Show:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The three things to know about the current marketplace for creative designers.
- How low-cost design services are impacting the design industry for creative freelancers.
- How Crew serves designers by managing their businesses.
- The latest trends in the design industry and the movement towards UX and product design.
- How to grow your business through content, tool marketing, direct sales and SEO.
- The commitment and tactics required to build an audience through content marketing.
- Knowing when to walk away from something that you are no longer passionate about.
- How to structure and develop side projects that support your current business.
- Developing the right mindset to accept failure and move on quickly.