Today’s featured guest is Sally Hogshead. Sally skyrocketed to the top of the advertising profession in her early 20’s. By age 24 she was the most award-winning advertising copywriter in the U.S. Her campaigns for brands such as MINI Cooper, Nike, Godiva, and Coca-Cola have fascinated millions of consumers. At the age of 27, she opened her first ad agency and her work still hangs in the Smithsonian Museum of American History.
Drawing upon this remarkable branding legacy, Sally developed The Fascination Advantage, which is the first algorithm to measure personal brands, and unlike traditional personality assessments such as Meyers-Briggs or Strengthsfinder, Sally’s test does not measure how you see the world, but how the world sees you. She frequently appears in national media, including NBC’s Today Show and The New York Times. She was named the #1 brand guru in the world, and her practical marketing system now lives inside organizations such as IBM, Twitter, and the YMCA as well as thousands of small businesses.
The science of fascination is based on Sally’s decades of research with dozens of Fortune 500 teams, hundreds of small business, and over 1,000 C-level executives. Her newest book, Fascinate: How to Make Your Brand Impossible to Resist, is a New York Times bestseller. Sally is one of only 172 living members of the Speaker Hall of Fame, which is the global speaking industry’s highest award for professional excellence.
Listen to the Show:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why it's crucial to know your Fascination Advantage.
- How the Fascination Advantage assessment works, and what you can learn about yourself.
- Why the best performing teams are filled with a diversity of leadership styles.
- The most predominant archetypes that exist within different industries.
- The gender differences between different work styles and personality types.
- How to elevate your own perceived value in building a personal brand.
Featured On The Show:
- Connect with Sally: Website | Twitter: @HowToFascinate and @SallyHogshead | YouTube | LinkedIn | Facebook: @HowToFascinate and @SallyHogshead
- Interview with Gary Vaynerchuck
- Sally’s books: Fascinate, Revised and Updated: How to Make Your Brand Impossible to Resist and How the World Sees You: Discover Your Highest Value Through the Science of Fascination
BOOST Bonus: Take Your Own Fascination Advantage Assessment. The Fascination Advantage is the first marketing-based communication assessment. Answer just 28 questions, and you’ll find out how others perceive you. Created by Sally Hogshead, and based on results of a million participants, this test will reveal the very best of how the world sees you.
- Go to HowToFascinate.com/YOU
- For the access code, enter BOOST17