I am so thrilled to introduce today’s featured guest, Julia Landauer. Julia is a two-time champion NASCAR racer from New York City. Since making history at the age of 14 as the youngest and first female driving champion from the Skip Barber Racing Series, Julia has explored and won in all types of racing, from go-karts, to formula cars, to stock cars. Now at 25-years-old, Julia has her NASCAR license and is making history with her wins in a local NASCAR series in Virginia.
In the K&N Series, Julia finished fourth in the series championship, becoming the highest-finishing female in the series’ 62-year history. Julia is the only woman among 11 drivers picked in the 2016-17 NASCAR Next Program that highlights future stars. As she climbs the NASCAR ladder, Julia uses her racing platform to continue advocating for women in sports and STEM, for education and following your dreams despite hurdles. She is a graduate of Stanford University and was recently selected as one of the 2017 Forbes 30 Under 30 honorees.
Today Julia joins us to talk about her story of becoming a professional race car driver and how she followed her dreams despite the doubt from others in her life. She believes in building an authentic brand and truly believing in yourself to follow the path that is best for you.
Listen to the Show:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The three things everyone should know about being a NASCAR driver.
- The demographic makeup of NASCAR drivers and the role of diversity.
- What trends are happening now and in the future for NASCAR drivers.
- The need for NASCAR to blend new technology and long-time traditions.
- Julia’s involvement with STEM and educating women to follow their dreams.
- How Julia first got into racing and made her first sponsor pitch at age 15.
- Why authenticity, networking, and believing in yourself is key to building a strong brand.
- Julia's tips on perfecting your elevator pitch and understanding your unique offer.
- How Julia prioritizes her health and well-being to emphasize self-care.
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Julia: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Snapchat | LinkedIN
- Julia Landauer
- STEM Education
- NASCAR Next video
- TEDx Talk
BOOST Bonus: Small Business Advice: Tips for Knowing When to Listen and When to Ignore